Saturday, December 10, 2011

HIFF is a WRAP!



The Hawaii International Film Festival was a wonderful experience all together. It was my very first time attending a film festival. Receiving the press badges on top of the whole thing was a great bonus as well. Not only did it gain free access to mostly everything, it also gave me a feeling of importance. Although, I wasn’t able to attend as many events as I would have liked too, due to my busy basketball schedule at the time, I still got a great idea of the wonderful atmosphere. Just being around so many different types of people from all over the world who had a common love for film was a magical feeling as well.

This past summer I worked on my very first low budget Indie film so naturally this made me curious to see the similar works of others. The director of the film I worked on just found out recently that the film got accepted into the Sundance Film Festival. So, I look forward to attending that next month in January. I feel as though the Hawaii Film Festival really prepared me for what to expect from a film festival.

And although I will not be given a Sundance press pass like I was given a HIFF press pass, I will still feel important because of all of my hard work I put in the film. Maybe one day, I will have to work my way back to Hawaii to attend the Hawaii Film Festival but next time hopefully I will be viewing some of work of my own! 

No comments:

Post a Comment