Tuesday, October 18, 2011

RumFire Waikiki





















In kicking off of the Hawaii Film Festival, RumFire held the opening press conference for all of the press attending this years Festival. This blog however, is not about the highly anticipated film festival! RumFire took advantage of the opportunity of hosting the opening conference by taking that time to let everyone in attendance try some of their food off of their new social comfort food menu. They announced that they recently hired a new chef. With being one of my favorite things, I was first in line to try the new food. The chef had prepared spicy ahi poke and ho farms tomato medley. As you can tell from the pictures, the proportions were very small. To be honest, it was very hard to even get a good taste of what was in my mouth because before you know it, the food was down my throat. So after getting seconds and thirds, I didn’t really care for either the ahi or the tomato medley. The food was not bad but the spicy ahi poke did not taste any different from poke I could buy at foodland for less than half of RumFire’s price. It was just nothing special. As for the tomato medley, it was more bizarre than anything. And I am definitely not anything close to a picky eater. The texture of it was much like that of jello. It was as if I was eating tomato flavored jello and that did not exactly sit well with me. Like I mentioned before, I think the perfect word to describe it is BIZARRE! After looking at the new menu, there were other things that caught my eye, so I wouldn’t give up on RumFire’s food just yet! I plan on going back sometime in the near future.

1 comment: